The Malawi Agricultural and Industrial Investment Corporation (MAIIC) is a private sector-led development finance institution (DFI) incorporated in November 2018 under the Company’s Act. It was established to bridge the long-term financing gap in Malawi and spearhead private sector development. As a commercially oriented DFI, MAIIC plays a leading role in socio-economic development of the country in line with the Malawi Growth and Development Strategy III.
Applications are invited for the following: –
1. Human Resource and Administration Manager
Duties and Responsibilities
• Develop human reources organisational and financial policies and strategies, including: recruitment, terms and conditions of employment, remuneration and compesation, training and development.
• In consultation with the management team, identify the human resources requirements within the Organisation.
• Maintain a comprehensive, up-to-date human resource database for each member of staff.
• In consultation with the management team, oversee recruitment (screening, interviewing), selection and induction activities.
• Identify training needs and recommend appropriate solutions to management.
• Develop, implement and manage an effective performance management framework using the Balanced Scorecard.
• Support management by providing human resources advice and counsel.
• In consultation with line management, manage disciplinary processes where necessary.
• Implement and manage annual staff performance review process
• Establish and maitain a system of job classification, direct the updating and storage of job descriptions.
• Ensure adequate insurance cover has been procured by management for staff in line with MAIIC policies.
• Ensure an adequate pension plan has been put in place by maangement for staff in line with MAIIC policies.
• Oversee MAIIC’s administrative functions by ensuring the provision of timely efficient and cost effective administrative and logistical support to all business units.
• Ensure facilities are in a good condition through the management of : vehicle fleet, property, inventory, and fixed assets as well as records management.
• Prepare quarterly quantitative and qualitative asset management reports, in line with reporting guidelines and MAIIC policies.
• Ensure Organizational Health & Safety of all staff and coordinate and oversee security issues.
• Develop, implement, and manage procurement policies and procedures.
• Provide support services to the Chair of the procurement committee and ensure transparency and accuracy in the committee’s administrative reports.
• Manage Telecom/telephone supply and issues (consulting with Chief ICT/ Officer)
• Manage administrative costs, inline with the budget, including printing costs, supplies, stationery, communication, maintenance, e.t.c;
• Manage insurance for MAIIC’s assets.
• Reliability and discretion: you will often learn of confidential matters.
• Adaptability and flexibility in line with Organizational needs.
• Communication, negotiation and relationship-building skills
• Organizational skills
• IT skills
• Problem solving skills
• Leadership and the ability to ‘make things happen’
• Budgeting skills
• Attention to detail
• Practical knowledge on Employment Act, Labour Law and Pension Act
Qualifications and experience
• Minimum qualification of Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Human Resources Management, Business Administration and Public Administration.
• At-least ten years work experience in a busy, fast-paced office environment.
• Prior experience working directly with senior management.
How to apply
If you are interested to apply, please electronically submit your resume and application letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org. All Applications should be clearly marked with the respective position being applied. The application letter should be addressed to:
The Managing Director
Malawi Agricultural and Industrial Investment Officer
African Unity Avenue
Deadline for receiving applications is 22nd September 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged.